Banyan, a one stop shop for rig data analytics, Event Prevention and Predictive Maintenance.
The Banyan data aggregation and automation platform lays the foundation for information based operations both at the edge, at the rig site, as well as at corporate level delivering timely information to key and relevant decision makers.
Banyan success in our digital age is the ability to collect high quality and comprehensive data and to deliver context to this data enabling a wide spectrum of advanced functions. From automation for event prevention functionality to predictive maintenance. Delivering insights for data driven efficiency programs to achieve operational excellence.
It starts with high quality data.
Rigs traditionally produce data once every 3-5 seconds. At best, the Electronic Data Recorder (EDR) published data at 1 Hz. Events such as drill-string stall, twist-off and certain aspects of stuck pipe develop and manifest themselves in a matter of seconds. If data is not collected at a high enough sampling rate, then operational events leading up to a drill-string stall or a twist-off, cannot be detected.
The Banyan platform is a state-of-the-art system that provides data from all sources and all data frequencies for immediate consumption at the edge. Additionally, the platform offers a validated physics-based model that provides information about the dynamic sub-surface behavior of the drill-string, both along the drill-string and at the bit.
One of the problems in our industry is the diversity of data systems and providers, each with their distinctive protocol. Banyan is a universal translator and a protocol-agnostic data aggregation system that can be rolled out across a rig fleet, for a truly rig manufacturer and rig operating system neutral platform.
Then, context is needed to interpret the data
In addition to density, needed is the context for the data aggregated. Banyan aggregated data is correlated with downhole information delivered by the integrated DigiSub application.
Downhole information is invaluable when combined with the surface data to interpret the behavior of the various rig components. For instance, severe drill-string oscillations exert tremendous stress on drill-string connections that could potentially cause a twist-off. Banyan allows for the computation and collection of downhole torque and speed data, at a 4-millisecond resolution, without the deployment of expensive downhole sensors.
Additionally, the AI based recognition of operational events without human intervention delivers the context to recognize detrimental events for the drilling operation.
Banyan, when done right,
- A one stop-shop for the acquisition and aggregation of data produced via various protocols, of various formats, frequencies (1 Hz, 5 Hz, 20 Hz, 100 Hz, 250 Hz, etc.) and clocks. Synchronized streamed to whatever real-time user needs it or stored for historical use.
- Artificial Intelligence based recognition of operational events avoiding human intervention when delivering advanced analytics applications.
- Banyan generates model based downhole information, speed and torque at bit and along the drillstring is available without a downhole sensor.
- Both edge analytics and ROTOC applications not only to generate recommendations to the rig personnel, in situ, but also useful for on-rig visualization and reporting.
- the ability to securely and efficiently transmit data. As much or as little of the raw and computed channel data as desired, at any desired cadence (1 Hz, 5 Hz, 20 Hz, 100 Hz, 250 Hz, etc.)
- Unique Real Time Torque and Drag application and real time drill string behaviour visualisation based on real time running drill string physical models, avoiding the need for expensive sensors downhole.
- the capability to train the Banyan Predictive Maintenance (PdM) module through Machine Learning (ML) algorithms.
- The ability to make visible time spend that formerly was invisible. Invisible Lost time (ILT).
This information will allow both the operator and the contractor to automate the ILT reduction initiative and gain immediate benefits as data is collected and processed, in-situ, as well as in the corporate environment.
Local support is important for us. That’s why we work with a global network of sales en service partners.
How will Banyan help you to achieve operational excellence?
Do you want to contact us or one of our partners?
Commercial and technical support close by.